MDT TAC21 GEN2 Chassis Kit (Base and Fore-end)
Please note: Buttstock, grip and magazine not included
- Savage – Short Action – Right Hand – Black or FDE = $1,060.00
- Savage – Long Action – Right Hand – Black or FDE = $1,195.00
- Remington 700 – Short Action – Right Hand – Black or FDE = $1,060.00
- Remington 700 – Long Action – Right Hand – Black or FDE = $1,195.00
- Tikka T3x – Short Action – Right Hand – Black or FDE = $1,060.00
- Tikka T3x – Long Action – Right Hand – Black or FDE = $1,195.00
The story of the TAC21 Chassis, is also the story of the creation of what is now MDT.
Our first rifle chassis, the TAC21 was designed and developed by Laszlo Klementis, MDT’s founder. Laszlo was a machinist by trade, with a passion for competitive shooting.
After a couple of years on hiatus from shooting, Laszlo decided to get back into the sport, and was in the market comparing options for his next precision rifle chassis or stock. At this time, back in 2008-9, there weren’t nearly as many options for people as there are now, and affordability was a real issue, so Laszlo began to draw up and create his own version of his ideal rifle chassis.
On his 17th rendition of what is now the TAC21, Laszlo attempted to get a prototype made, quickly realizing that the current design was much too costly to become a reality. He went back to the drawing board, now working backwards with materials and costs at the forefront of his mind. On version 21, the prototype was completed and the MDT TAC”21” (21st rendition) Chassis became a reality, and the rest is history.
Since then, the TAC21 is onto a Gen2 version, with an M-LOK compatible forend, an ambidextrous magazine latch, a more secure and adjustable locking end cap, and a slightly more aggressive barricade stop.
3.0lbs – 3.6lbs
(Depending on rifle model)
MATERIALS & FINISH
AR-15 style grips
AICS Magazine Compatible
Fixed / AR
MAX BARREL DIAMETER