MDT TAC21 GEN2 CHASSIS
Please note; magazine, buttstock and grip are not included.
15″ Fore-end included
Pricing from $1095.00 – please see full list below.
Looking for a stock replacement for your Remington 700, Savage or Tikka T3 Bolt action rifle, turning it into a tactical and highly accurate system?
Our TAC21 Gen2 Chassis system for bolt action rifles offers a combination of improved accuracy, superior ergonomics and specialized design allowing use of AR-15 butt-stocks, grips and automatically converts your rifle to an external box magazine fed rifle.
The TAC21 Gen2 can be installed in 30 – 45 minutes without the need of bedding and has proven results with up to 28% accuracy improvements.
The TAC21™ Gen2 chassis system is currently manufactured for the following bolt action rifle platforms:
- Remington 700 Short Action (.223 and .308 bolt faces) = $1,095.00
- Remington 700 Long Action (.300WM, .338LM, 7mm RM, 30.06) = $1,130.00
- Savage Short Action, Models 10, 11, 12 and 16 (.223 and .308 bolt faces) = $1,095.00
- Savage Long Action, Models 110, 111, 112 and 116 (.300WM) = $1,130.00
- Tikka T3 – Short Calibers (.223 and .308 bolt faces) = $1,095.00
- Tikka T3 – Long Calibers (.300WM, 6.5×55, 7mm RM, 30.06). Requires MDT 3.560 Magazine. = $1,130.00
Please note: For Savage Long Action in 338 Lapua Magnum: Savage Long Action Chassis Systems all use 3.715″ AICS magazine wells. The model 110BA in 338 Lapua Magnum uses 3.850″ magazines and have recently switched to a thicker recoil lug which will not fit our TAC21 Gen2 chassis. We do however have our ESS Chassis available for this model.
Our TAC21™ Gen2 chassis system is a combination of benchrest accuracy, superior ergonomics and specialized design. This chassis brings the bolt action rifles to the next level in versatility and modularity, with an instant improvement in accuracy.
The chassis system is manufactured out of billet 6061-T6 aluminum, which has been finished with Cerakote™ in Black or Flat Dark Earth (FDE).
TAC21™ Gen2 chassis is engineered to minimize warping and distortion. The rifle receiver only makes contact with the TAC21™ Gen2 chassis on the V shape bedding and recoil lug area insuring the best accuracy and repeatability. The generous clearance on the forend makes any barrel (diameter up to the receiver size – 1.350”) free floating.
Inherently, the TAC21™ Gen2 has a straight-line design, meaning that the recoil comes straight back instead of making the front of the rifle kick upwards. This results in more accurate and quicker follow up shots. This also translates to a decrease in felt recoil and increase in comfort.
MOUNTING AND COMPATIBLE ACCESSORIES
The TAC21™ Gen2 chassis is designed to accept any AR-15 butt-stock or our Skeleton Carbine Stock and pistol grip (purchased separately), offering the option to customize from the wide variety of Accessories available on the market.
The TAC21™ Gen2 chassis uses external box style magazines in .223 and .308 caliber for Short Action and .300WM or .338LM magazines for Long Action rifles, and supports installation of bolt on MIL-STN-1913 accessory mounting rails on the forend and side of the action housing. Mounting holes are spaced for Magpul style L5 (11 slots) and L3 (7 slots) rails (1.600” / 3.200”).
With a top full length MIL-STN-1913 accessories mounting rail. The built-in mounting rail has 20 MOA (Minutes of Angle) on the action housing and is parallel to the barrel axis on the fore-end.
Note: Long action magazines come in 3 different lengths: 3.715″, 3.775″ an 3.850″. Our chassis use 3.715 magazines. If you purchased the Remington 700 Tactical Chassis Rifle, the magazine well is 3.775.
- Increases accuracy by up to 28%
- CNC Machined from 6061 aluminum
- Cerakote Finish in Black or Flat Dark Earth
- 20 MOA built in top rail
- The action housing has 2 threaded holes on the opposite side of the bolt handle for attaching a Magpul or MDT L3 bolt-on rail
- Lightweight, free-floating modular forend, M-LOK compatible
- Will accommodate barrels as thick as the action
- Compatible with AICS style magazines in .223 or .308 (SA) and 300WM, 30.06, 338LM (LA). (Long Action Magazine length 3.715)
- Weight: 3lb – 3.6lb
WHAT YOU GET, AND WHAT YOU NEED
The TAC21 Gen2 chassis system comes as a 4-piece chassis, with all required mounting hardware included. This includes new action screws, and a screw for the pistol grip. You’ll also need to purchase a buttstock, grip and magazine.