Kestrel 5700X Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics and LiNK
The same accuracy and reliability as the industry gold standard 5700 Elite, the 5700X packs more performance power to deliver faster firing solutions in the field for multiple extreme long-range targets.
The Kestrel 5700X Elite Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics will help you hit targets faster and further than ever before. The 5700X offers the same accuracy and reliability as the industry gold standard 5700 Elite, yet packs more performance power to deliver faster firing solutions in the field for multiple extreme long-range targets.
With an upgraded processor that is more powerful and faster than the 5700 Elite, the 5700X provides quicker targeting data for extreme long-range targets. For increased security, the adjustable Bluetooth® Low Energy signal can be dialled from full power to off position to minimize Bluetooth® range detectability.
“Understanding primary and secondary effects are absolutely mandatory if you’re serious about long range shooting. Kestrel 5700X gives that solution at the touch of a button.”
– Anonymous, US Military
WHAT IS A KESTREL BALLISTICS METER?
For long-range shooters, the Kestrel Ballistics line of environmental meters are the industry standard to ensure hitting your target on the first shot. The built-in ballistics solver from Applied Ballistics calculates your bullet’s drag profile measuring corrections for Aerodynamic Jump, Spin Drift, Coriolis, and Drop Scale Factoring to achieve accurate extended long-range shots. The Kestrel also measures many environmental factors like humidity, wind speed, wind direction, and more that can all have an effect on your shot. All of these measurements, combined with the ballistics solver allows you to hit your target with confidence.
The Kestrel 5 Series platform offers a large, high-resolution and contrast display with ease of font readability. It also includes a built-in dual color backlight, extra-strong polycarbonate lens, AA battery operation and optional LiNK iOS and Android wireless connectivity and app support. Like all Kestrel meters, the Kestrel 5700 Elite is drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand harsh environments without damage – so it can accompany you to the range, hunt, match, deployment or engagement for years to come. A range of carry pouch options makes it even easier to take your Kestrel meter with you.
With the 5700X with LiNK wireless Bluetooth connectivity, you get the power of the free Kestrel LiNK Ballistics app. Build and manage your gun/bullet profiles and download them to your Kestrel 5700X before you set out. Choose from the extensive Applied Ballistics library of custom bullet drag models for the most precise transonic and subsonic range solutions available anywhere. At the range or match, secure your Kestrel 5700X to a tripod using the optional Kestrel Vane Mount and use the app to quickly adjust the target range and view the shooting solution and wind rose without leaving your shooting position. The LiNK Ballistics app even lets you set up multiple targets for single-screen viewing.
LiNK also allows you to pair your Kestrel unit with compatible laser rangefinders to seamlessly integrate target data into the ballistic solution for unparalleled speed and accuracy.
In addition to the ballistics solver capabilities, the Kestrel 5700X is a comprehensive weather meter for measurement and logging of primary environmental conditions, including wind speed and direction, temperature, humidity, heat index, pressure and altitude. Paired with the Vane Mount, the Kestrel 5700X becomes a compact, easily-deployable weather station. Your data log can be transferred to a iOS/Android device wirelessly with the LiNK wireless communication option and Kestrel LiNK Ballistics app, or to a Windows/Mac device with either the wireless USB Kestrel LiNK Dongle or waterproof USB Data Transfer Cable (Both sold separately).
Kestrels have been put to the test in some of the harshest conditions on the planet. U.S. Special Forces, combat weather teams, wildland firefighters, smoke jumpers, Mt. Everest expeditions and auto pit crews are just a few who rely on a Kestrel to provide them with the crucial environmental data they need. Watch any on-screen meteorologist during a hurricane, and you’re sure to spot a Kestrel in action. With a Kestrel 5700X, you can put accurate shooting solutions and environmental measurements in the palm of your hand, anywhere your adventure takes you.
Video Series for Getting started with a Kestrel Ballistics Meter (Takes you the Kestrel’s website)
KESTREL 5700X FEATURES AT A GLANCE
- Employs the Applied Ballistics bullet library of custom drag models, an exact measurement of your bullet’s drag profile plus corrections for Aerodynamic Jump, Spin Drift, Coriolis, and Drop Scale Factoring to achieve accurate extended long-range shots.
- Expanded features include a customizable Target Card and an expanded Ballistics Data Table, as well as storage for up to 30 gun and bullet profiles and 10 saved targets.
- Weather mode offers the full environmental measurements, storage and charting capabilities of the Kestrel 5500 Weather Meter, including wind speed, direction, crosswind, temperature, humidity, pressure and altitude.
- Optional LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth® low energy provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers and integration with LiNK compatible laser range finders for improved speed and accuracy. (Note: LiNK Dongle sold seperately)
- Kestrel LiNK for Ballistics app on Android (Takes you the Kestrel’s website) and iOS (Takes you the Kestrel’s website) provides full gun management as well as access to the Applied Ballistics library of custom drag models for transfer to the Kestrel.
- Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight. Includes both bright white and night-vision-preserving red backlight.
- Choice of solution units (Mils, true MOA, Shooter’s MOA, or clicks) – works with any gun or targeting scope.
- Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards).